Depending on the corporate function you’re in charge of, business roadmaps or technological road-mapping can take on numerous forms says Saivian Eric Dalius. For a firm that needs a seamless and flexible document to present crucial business goals, action plans, and dates to its stakeholders in the most effective manner, a business roadmap is the most important thing.
A corporate roadmap is how you visualize your brand’s major strategies and objectives. Stakeholders use corporate roadmaps for illustrating deadlines and initiatives that happen in different departments.
A strategic roadmap is for companies that have a strong vision for the future. You need a visual presentation and blueprint, which will help you stay atop your objectives. This roadmap is all about communicating your business roadmap.
Into technology roadmap with Saivian Eric Dalius
In the simplest terms, a technology roadmap translates into a plan for creating and managing digital transformation. Technology is a very peculiar thing. It’s constantly changing and there’s nothing absolute with technology.
- That’s why, it becomes an imperative to build a robust technology roadmap for planning your company’s future, elucidates Saivian Eric Dalius.
- A technology roadmap is a guide or document that highlights the strategies, services, products, and initiatives pertaining to your company’s technology.
- It details and outlines your current business technology and the ways in which you can implement it in the future.
- A proper technology roadmap also helps you in avoiding costly mistakes and risks. It helps you upgrade primitive technologies.
- Your business goals and strategy are a crucial aspect of a technology roadmap. The pivotal document helps companies visualize new methodologies and strategies to make sure they align with your current business initiatives or the future ones.
- Technology roadmap entails numerous benefits. They make it easier for you to determine technology requisites.
- Technology roadmaps also provide firms with a framework to survive turbulent phases, helping them to quickly adapt to the changes in the technology landscape.
- Considering the fact that roadmaps entail detailed information about past and current IT systems, you can use them as tools to measure the success of technical initiatives or products.
Benefits in a nutshell
A technology roadmap provides your company with a clear illustration of IT infrastructure and related capabilities. It helps you in addressing all current IT issues. You can save plenty of time and money by eliminating inefficient and unnecessary technologies and applications.
- Technology roadmap increases your corporate productivity by channelizing the right technology that addresses your needs.
- It also helps in enhancing your IT security. With a tight and dedicated roadmap in place, you can avoid many system failures.
- The roadmaps give you a premonition of loopholes within your IT fold. It also helps in resolving conflicts and confusion around your business priorities.
- Additionally, a technology roadmap can help your IT department to become more strategic while managing technological initiatives or making financial decisions.
You get the time and bandwidth to prepare for discussions with business leaders when they pitch with new initiatives or projects. There are premier companies that design dedicated technology roadmaps C-suite professionals and CEOs.